Sunday, January 4, 2015

5 Months

So my last post was August 7th stating how the kid was finally doing a modified sleep through the night from 7pm to 7am with a tiny wake up or two in the middle of the night. That still happens today but the wake up is at 6am (when he takes his massive poop from the dinner bottle) with a fall back to sleep til 730 (if the poop will let him). Victory parents! Sleep and crib training through the night can't start early enough, we should have started it since birth....seriously.

Also, a major highlight of month 5 was my wife stopped breast pumping. We had the last month stocked up and at 6 months, we are switching to formula and those fun stories are for the next post. But when the mom stops breast feeding, her quality of life goes way up as now dad can help with the feedings. When she stops pumping also, it's almost life back to normal as now she doesn't need to do anything with the feedings where she used to have to do 100% of them. Victory for my wife.

Now I hate the saying "Happy wife, happy life." But when you switch your infant child from breast milk to formula, there is a drastic change in your wife's mood, demeanor, tone, and overall ambiance. While I don't believe in the "happy wife, happy life" mantra, I do believe in the "when my wife is not tired, cranky, and pissed off, I tend to be better off" mantra....

 Maxing and relaxing....
 Kung Fu Ginger...

No comments:

Post a Comment