Monday, January 5, 2015

8 Months

November. Our foray into the world of meat. I have been a vegetarian for the last 5 years. But at the insistence of my wife, I promised her I would eat meat again when the kid started to eat meat. Well that was at the 8 month mark. I'll let you judge if you think he is a fan...
First bite of meat was a homemade meatball. He had some but not alot. And our efforts since have been met with similar reactions. Eggs and beans are his best protein at the moment but we are still trying. My wife and her sister cooked our Thanksgiving turkey (and Christmas turkey) for the first time ever and it was amazing. Gunner's reaction...

Despite his reaction, it was delicious. I had some and while I am back to being a vegetarian, my
wife's turkey cooking skills are truly top shelf.

Also, we had our first injury around Halloween. The story as my wife described it to me was Gunner was visiting a pumpkin patch and while taking photos in a chair in a hay field (in the city our hay fields have cement under them),  and he got a little top heavy and bam! He cried for two minutes, my wife cried for 2 hours. Needless to say, his got his first knock...and we may or may not be visiting pumpkin patches in the foreseeable future. The damage...

 Also, for pretty much his entire 8th month, Gunner had the flu and a double ear infection. We noticed a slight fever, running nose, some ear grabbing, and a little extra neediness and clinginess, but on the whole, we didn't think it was anything too major. His appetite was good, he slept decent, and he wasn't miserable. After a month, my wife finally decided to see why it was lingering and not going away and we got the official diagnosis. Gunner was a trooper.

First time sick sucks...
 "No way that's right! Weigh me again!" Only baby to gain 2 lbs. after having the flu for a month.


No comments:

Post a Comment